Sick And Abandoned explained: a resource hub so that the sick aren't abandoned

Terrible things have happened to patients who have been gaslit and dismissed by their doctors. So that’s the problem that Sick And Abandoned is trying to solve. The website SickAndAbandoned.com has a resource hub for those with chronic illnesses (e.g. vax injury, Long COVD, etc.).

The material there is written in plain English. It connects patients to the resources that they need the most, starting with support groups and doctors. @Zee and myself maintain a list of support groups and support group options (e.g. Twitter) for vax injury, which stands at 59 entries right now.

I believe that this is the most comprehensive and up-to-date directory right now. The resource hub also links to similar directories for Long COVID and ME/CFS.

My vision is for all of us to work together so that we can:

1. Find more of the sick and abandoned out there who are lost and searching for answers.
  2. Connect patients with quality resources.

That’s where you come in!

I can’t do everything by myself. I can conduct research surveys, I can spread awareness about the resource hub, but I can’t do everything at the same time. So this is where I need your help!

Please help people find SickAndAbandoned.com or specific resource pages like the one on COVID vaccine injury (SickAndAbandoned.com/vaccine-injury-resources/). We know that there are some people out there who went for 6-12 months before they discovered that there are other people like themselves out there. Let’s step it up and go the extra mile to find people.

So now you understand the logo…

The medical system may have abandoned us but that doesn’t stop us from looking out for one another.

Spread awareness about SickAndAbandoned.com so that people can find help. It can be as simple as setting your social media profile’s website to SickAndAbandoned.com.

You can also:

• Help @Zee and I maintain resources by letting us know about new support groups. If you do a lot of advocacy, join the Signal chat (see the initiatives page) so that we can co-ordinate and communicate.
  • If you have the capacity to do some advocacy, see the initiatives page and the advocacy starter pack. There are many simple things that you can do on your own. It doesn’t have to be under the banner of Sick And Abandoned or any organization. You can just go out there and get started on your own, e.g. by starting your own #VaxInjuredSpaces.

Thank you!!!

:mending_heart:

I forgot to add… thank you to everybody who is running a support group or moderating. A lot of moderation work goes unrecognized because it happens behind the scenes. A lot of it is drama and dealing with complaints. It takes a lot of us to make these support groups function well.