My Recovery Story - I can work again, minimal suffering from lingering symptoms

My second Pfzr from June 30, 2021 is why I’m here. It’s been 621 days since that mistake as of 03/13/2023.

I’ve gone from having trouble walking more than 5 minutes to being able to shovel snow for over an hour.

Am I fully recovered? No. The graphic below shows an asterisk beside the symptoms that I still have or symptoms that come back every once in a while.

Interventions that helped… and ones that didn’t

I got slapped by a number of interventions. I’ve run into far more bad interventions than good interventions.

My advice to you: What works for me probably won’t work for you. See this video on the latest data regarding treatment. It’s clear from the data that not everybody will have a positive experience with ivermectin and black seed oil like I did.

I suspect that you have to slowly work through many different treatments until you figure out what your body reacts well to. Abandon the treatments that hurt you because you don’t want them to set you back.

False hope

I’m not a fan of false hope. Some people will recommend interventions without telling you about their risk or without telling you about how badly they’re currently doing. People might go charging into treatments that can hurt them. And if some of those people get worse, then they’re farther away from recovering.

Some of the recovery stories out there might actually be a little harmful if you end up doing something that sets you back.

Helped

• Ivermectin - I took this for many months. I don’t think it does anything for me anymore because I stopped for a week and nothing happened. (Symptoms seemed to get worse in the past when I stopped for a day.)
  • Black seed oil - This helped shift my sleep to an earlier schedule.

Ivermectin alone didn’t help me. A few weeks into it, I realized that I still wasn’t getting better.

Made me worse / I reacted badly

Statins (bad)

Both atorvastatin and lovastatin give me muscle pain at 10mg (the normal low dose). I tried a few weeks of lovastatin at 1.25mg and it didn’t really help. At the end the pain started ramping up to a concerning level so I stopped.

Cefuroxime antibiotic (very bad)

(I don’t recommend trying antibiotics because the odds are not on your side with these.)

I got this weird internal tremor/shivering sensation, except it only affects a small part of my body (between my tailbone and my scrotum). Very distracting. It’s been going down over the 4 days since I stopped trying this. I only tried a very low dose (about a tenth of a 250mg pill).

Azithromycin antibiotic (very bad)

May have improved my irregular heartbeat but screwed up my sleep. I would wake up early (not fully refreshed) and then go back to sleep again. My sleep quality was not good because it wasn’t very refreshing sleep. And this happened even though I only took a tiny amount off of 1 pill.

Tilorone at normal/high doses

See my notes on this drug: Tilorone: a broad spectrum antiviral from Ukraine/Russia, never approved in the West

Cinnamon essential oil (bad)

While this oil tastes good, it made me become really tired and out of it in the middle of the day. It disrupted my sleep as I had dreams for 6 days afterwards (I don’t remember my dreams when my sleep quality is good).

Clary sage essential oil (mildly bad)

Started zoning out in the middle of the day. Then after zoning out, I had more fasciculations than normal (but I can never record them on video because moving too much makes them go away). Messed with my sleep a little.

Fasting for 53 hours (bad)

My sleep got significantly screwed up.

Nitazoxanide / Alinia (bad)

This ‘split’ my sleep so that I would wake up early-ish, but tired, and then I’d go back to sleep again. This does not do the same thing as ivermectin.

Fluconazole (bad?)

Had insomnia the day after.

Black walnut & wormwood (bad)

My anger issues came back. It’s when your body decides that your anger is a 9/10 when it should really be a 2/10.

Cat’s claw (bad)

• Woke up from sleep with an irregular heartbeat that I’ve never had before
  • Woke up once with really hazy vision in the morning. It cleared by the afternoon.

Lavender essential oil (bad)

This flared me. I crashed, my anger issues came back, and I was napping during the day.

Also this triggers my gag reflex hard.

Lavender essential oil is found is lavender supplements that people take for sleep. 1 drop is A LOT.

Tranexamic acid (mildly bad)

I developed a new symptom: the feeling of getting stabbed in my heart/chest. Pain was around a 4/10.

This drug is sold without a prescription in the UK. It’s used for people who might bleed too much during surgery and for women with excessive bleeding during their period.

It happens to have antibacterial properties.

Coconut oil used for teeth pulling (mildly bad)

Some people swish coconut oil in their mouth instead of brushing their teeth. My teeth got more sensitive. This isn’t really a treatment for vax injury.

Albendazole (mildly bad)

This made me have dreams (I don’t normally have dreams that I remember).

Slightly good: it probably shifted my sleep earlier.

This is an anti-parasitic drug.

Monolaurin

May have cause bleeding issues with me where a small cut will bleed for several hours. May have led to blood in stool.

Quercetin

Got internal vibrations. They feel like sitting in a massage chair, but it only affected my forearms and lower legs when I was falling asleep.

Umifenovir / Arbidol (bad)

Developed lower back pain. This disrupts my sleep.

Amizon / enisamium iodide (bad)

This caused my sleep to be split.

Valacyclovir (mildly bad?)

Seems to mess with my sleep slightly and cause me to dream.

Both good and bad

Melatonin

Makes me sleep worse when I taper off this.

This is not a complete list. I tried a number of other things and I’m not 100% sure what many of them did.

More data on how I’m doing

Here’s my Chess rating over time. From October 31 to Jan 18 I stopped playing because I realized that I was overexerting myself mentally. That was not a good period in my life. It took me around the middle of February for me to be in decent shape, similar to how I’m doing today.

I’m in the 95th percentile so my brain works pretty well at the game.

e2afa53a3f75b9dd309782ab86ff76b2f0079f1a

I try to solve a Rubex’s cube quickly (speedcubing) as a hobby. I started tracking my times at around 4 months post injury. I’ve been getting better over time. I don’t think it’s a good way to measure my brainpower because 4-year old girls can solve a Rubex’s cube too.

32b4dedc9990361e8e2108d217a394a0c0661236

Survivor’s guilt

Um… if you get better then you’ll know what this feels like. This is a good problem to have.

Closing thoughts

About 7% of the people on the Treatment Outcomes survey were ‘mostly recovered’ like myself. Recovery is happening for some reason and hopefully we can learn more about it.

1 Like

Interview where I talked about my recovery - Black seed oil, HBOT, fasting, and data on recovery are discussed

1 Like

Hey, what dosage protocol did you follow for IVM, and at what time of day did you decide to take it? Did you titrate the dosage up? Also, what was your dosage protocol for black seed oil, and when did you take it?

1 Like

Check out the ivermectin primer here:

Start low and work your way up.

I worked my way up to 0.2mg/kg. I also tried 0.6mg/kg and briefly stopping. In the beginning, symptoms seemed to come back when I briefly stopped… so I got into taking it every day.

I also tried splitting it up into twice a day instead of once a day… I’m not sure if it makes a difference.

I started BSO much later, shortly before my health dramatically improved.

I tried 1 tablespoon a day but now I do 1 teaspoon a day. I don’t measure because I’m lazy (I guestimate a teaspoon of BSO into a tablespoon).

There’s a smidge of info on black seed oil here. I don’t think I’ve written a primer for it.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

1 Like

Thank you. Did you take these with or without food and how long did you take each before you determined you wanted to continue due to the benefits?

I took both with food. Food apparently increases the absorption of ivermectin by a small amount.

Ivermectin seemed to start working within a few days. BSO maybe took a week?

That’s what I have read as well. How slowly did you titrate the IVM? Last question, sorry.

In the beginning I mistakenly believed that ivermectin is exceptionally safe. I increased my dose more quickly than I should have (1mg and then 12mg the next day). I would probably increase slower than that (e.g. 1 3 6 12).

Please feel free to ask away, somebody else probably has the same question!

No problem! Did you even titrate down when you came off?

No. I stopped cold turkey.

There are a handful of drugs where you shouldn’t stop cold turkey such as most psych drugs. Usually the FDA label will say something about withdrawal, tapering down, etc. if that’s the case.

Was there ever a point where you considered mold as the root cause? Based on what I’ve come across, there seems to be a lot of overlap.

Also, is there any evidence that if you are still managing symptoms after 2 years they are permanent / will not resolve. Are there any stories in your research where people make recoveries after 2 years. Thanks!

I didn’t try mold avoidance (e.g. living in the desert like Jenn Brea), but the ME/CFS doctor John Chia talks about it. Search for the word mold in that thread.

is there any evidence that if you are still managing symptoms after 2 years they are permanent / will not resolve.

I don’t see it that way. What happened to me is that my health is in some ways better than my pre-vax self. I used to be able to sleep only at 6-8AM… now that doesn’t happen (it flips between 2-3AM and 11PM). My pre-vax fasciculations are mostly gone.

The sleep issue really messed with my ability to be in sync with society, e.g. can’t hold a 9-5 job. I’d rather have the irregular heartbeats and not being able to do extreme exercise.

Are there any stories in your research where people make recoveries after 2 years.

My surveys can’t really capture that completely. If you look at the heatmap in the slides, you can see like 2-3% are recovered if you set the bar as high as it can go (with the survey’s methodology).

I think mostly recovered is a reasonable bar because there’s a world of difference between that and being sick.

Was there a specific brand of IVM you used that you could share?

No, not really. I live in Canada so the situation is a little silly and it’s hard to get.

If you live in the US or other Western countries, then AllDayChemist.com is an easy way to get human ivermectin from India. For those of you who aren’t in the US, see this webpage for details on how to get access to ivermectin:

https://www.longhaulwiki.com/index.php/Ivermectin